Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dancing in the Moonlight statistics

Reading thru Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles, we happened to notice some cool stuff about Dancing in the Moonlight. The song was on the Billboard charts for 22 weeks after it was released! Wondering how that compared with some of the great all time groups, we found out that The Beatles never had a song on longer than 19 weeks (Hey Jude). The Beach Boys only had one - Kokomo for 23 weeks. And the Rolling Stones only had one with Start Me Up, on for 24 weeks. Van Morrison ( whose song Moondance is constantly being confused with Dancing in the Moonlight) had his biggest hit with Brown-Eyed Girl which stayed on the charts for 16 weeks.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Are you kidding me? Thank you for music - I can't believe the artist from about my favorite song ever stopped by my blog. It's just one of the most perfect and upbeat songs ever recorded. :)Nancy

btw: I'd NEVER confuse Moondance with DITM!